Monday, May 30, 2011

Distressed Tags!

Here are some distressed tags that I made for
another swap over at Scraps of Color...I
had so much fun with this swap...and I learned
so much from the Tim Holtz video's on Youtube.com
I decided to leave them un-embellished and attach
charms to them.

You can't really tell from the picture but these have a feel of old leather to them!


I did the distressing first then and once it dried I stamped it a
a clear butterfly stamp...then sprayed it with
some glimmer mist
Again here I distressed and let it dry and then added the stamped
flower...by Martha Stewart (Love her stamp sets)
This is one of my favorites with the same process as above!
On all of thise tags I used the Tim Holtz's Distressing Inks
and on most of them I used Glimmer Mist! On the ones that have
the look of leather I embossed them
with one my Fiskar's embossing folders!
As I said I looked at several videos before starting this project!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful tags Suzyque! I love the little frames you added to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific Tags--particularly the yellow and purple one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice tags Suz you did a nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzyqu: Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad to know you like the card and the tag. My mom, a seamtress in the craft arena, always says imitation is the best form of flattery. Feel free to scrap-lift any time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your blog. You really like your flowers and jewelry. I also want to try to make jewelry. It seems like lots of fun. Thanks for visiting my blog and following. Keep rocking it girl!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments