Saturday, August 13, 2011

Another Swap over at Scraps of Color (SOC)


I have been involved in a few swaps over on SOC and having so much fun creating some really wonderful Crafty projects my latest one is making book markers this was a lot of fun! I did not have to buy any book markers I had some in my stash...Can you say the happy crafting dance...love when that happens. I knew that I wanted to put a phrase on the book marker and at first I was looking for something that had to do with reading! However, Michaels was having a sale on Tim Holtz's products of course I could not pass that up! I found the neatest phrase and knew that it was the one...I distressed all my book markers with the some distressing ink by Tim Holtz (tea dye) and then I sprayed Glimmer mist which is hard to see on the pictures ....I also used one of the decorative stamp off of the same group of stamps by Tim Holtz for the bottom of the book marker. At the top I used a stamp from a different stamp set. Then I took the book markers to the School Box store and had them laminate them which is 0.25 a foot...what a deal! Here is the finished product....





Designed by Suzqucrafter21

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, Suzyque! I love the stamping and the quote! And the laminating was a great idea! Gone and do that happy dance, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzyque, these are some awesome bookmarks, girl! I would have loved to be in that swap! I love Tea Dye - it's my favorite ink distress and you made it look even better - it's gorgeous and the stamps are perfect. You really did an outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments